About

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Making The Most With What Life Deals You- Amazing pianist Heeah Lee, The 4 Finger Pianist

Some in this world are blessed with an easy life, others face what might seem to be insurmountable challenges. For those with challenges, some complain about their lot in life, while others take what is put on their plate and make the most of it- the proverbial making lemonade out of lemons. It's all about our attitude towards what is dished out to us that makes it either a negative or positive experience.

Though I had some wonderful epiphanies during that first year I was so sick with the Rheumatoid Arthritis, I am still looking for the lessons to be learned from my current battle to get myself back into remission with the Ulcerative Colitis. But as sick as I was over the summer, and how frustrated I can get with the fact that I am still having problems, it's important to note that I am blessed that everything else is fine, including the R.A. I have my sight, my hearing and all my limbs are functional. Not so with Heeah Lee, who will amaze you with her talent and joie de vivre, in spite of her physical challenges.

Heeah is a 20 -year-old Korean girl who was born with pincer-like hands and had to have her legs removed at the knees, but who plays piano like an angel wowing audiences worldwide. What impressed me most while watching this video was the incredible devotion of the young woman's mother, who taught her piano, and Heeah's total lack of self-pity. These are people who looked past what life dealt them, making the most of everything.

This 10 minute video is worth every minute.


No comments: