About

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Basis of Homeopathy



Guest posted by Frasypoo at This and That



The basis of homeopathy

Like cures like
For example, if the symptoms of your cold are similar to poisoning by mercury, then mercury would be your homeopathic remedy.

Minimal Dose
The remedy is taken in an extremely dilute form; normally one part of the remedy to around 1,000,000,000,000 parts of water.

The Single Remedy
No matter how many symptoms are experienced, only one remedy is taken, and that remedy will be aimed at all those symptoms.

What I like about homeopathy medicines was that it was aimed towards the patient, it was not a one size fits all deal! I started getting migraines when I was 11, and it was horrible. I got those "auras" and puked all over my classroom!! My mom would be called to school to come and pick me up. Those days we did not have a telephone and there would be one person on the road I lived on who did, and they would have to pass on a message to my mother! Since my dad was at work, my mom would have to get an auto (a three wheeler taxi) and take me home!! What an ordeal! But my mom had migraines when she was young, and she decided to take me to the homeopath. It was a free clinic every Friday, and you had to get there 2 hours early! That was the only homeopath they knew. But once I started on medication I had very few attacks.

The pills are tiny, like little mustard seeds, and tasted like sugar. I also remember them telling me not to drink coffee! As I grew older I discontinued the medicine since the migraines were rare. I started getting them once a year when I moved here, and that's when I had to get my mom send me some. I wrote my entire case history on a letter and she took it to the homeopath.....a new one who lived near her house! But that's how we have been doing it so far. She mails them to me and it costs about $25.00. I could have labelled this post as how homeopathy saved my life, because it did. There are virtually no side effects, though the coffee part bothers me. I am not nice without my coffee in the mornings, but I switch to tea when I remember to do so.

Homeopathy works with your body and not against it. I would recommend it to anyone who would be willing to give it a try.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Thank you for educating me about this. I had never heard of it, but now I want to learn more about it.

Anonymous said...

Can you use or should you use homeopathy medicines along with conventional medicines?

Frasier said...

I dont think they allow you to use it with other medications.But homeopathy can cure you of whatever you are taking the other medication for.

Incognito said...

Kathy, it's definitely worth checking out all the various alternative healing methods that exist. If you do thorough research you should have no problems. Homeopathy seems to be the least problematic.

DD2: As Frasypoo says, it's best to use on its own, but as far as having any adverse affects when using in conjunction with conventional meds, there are none. In other words, you should have no problems using with conventional meds. Herbal remedies, on the other hand, can have adverse affects, so it's best to do research. I have some links under resources, where you can check to see if certain herbs should not be taken with certain western medications.

A friend's mother, with stage 4 cancer, lasted 7 years longer than predicted, by using homeopathy along with her chemo etc.

I took a bunch of herbs along with Bextra for the R.A., but once I stopped the Bextra, the herbs work/ed just as well.