About

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

I think for many, including myself, 2011 has been challenging at best.  Finances and health have been a major struggle this past year. Thankfully, the latter part of the year brought some stability to my health issues, the Ulcerative Colitis is completely in remission, with only some minor digestive issues unrelated to the UC. The pain is almost to the pre-procrit days, and I attribute that to the tart cherry juice and Wobenzyme tablets, which I take daily. I hardly notice it at all, and am very grateful for that.  However the finances continued, until the end, to be rather pitiful.

When I lived in Quito Ecuador (for two years as a teen), tradition was to burn the old year (Año Viejo) in effigy on New Year's Eve. We'd  head out to Amazonas Street (one of the main drags which was blocked off on December 31) and we'd walk up and down enjoying the street entertainment and the burning of the effigies.

This year I wouldn't have minded having a 2011 effigy to burn, but instead I cleaned my house, made myself some collard greens and black-eyed peas, ate some grapes, and am good to go. I'm really not a superstitious person, but thought it would be fun to try some new, New Year's traditions.

We start every year with a new slate, and I am looking forward to making it a good one. 

Make some New Year's resolutions, but make them do-able. Of course, the most important thing to do is to re-connect with your spiritual objectives, because everything else falls into place when you are aligned.

I wish you peace, joy, abundance and above all else good health.

Many blessings!

No comments: